If you are an avid K-Drama fan, we are guessing you are spending too much time in front of the screen. The good news is that your K-Drama obsession can finally be put to good use.
Because Koreans pay a lot of attention to their beauty routines as you can see in your favourite K-Drama storyline.
Every time you see an episode of Love Alarm or another K-Drama series you can learn from beauty moments that teach you how to practice a good skincare routine. As a K-Drama fan ourselves, we had ended up trying every single beauty product certain actor/actress used.
Here are 5 beauty lessons K-Drama series teach us.
1. Drink Lots Of Water
Kim Go-Eun in Goblin has taught us to drink at least 2 litres of water per day on top of barley tea.
Water helps regulate your body temperature, remove toxins through perspiration and regulate bowel movements. Every time you drink water you lubricate your joints and protect your brain.
Barley tea prevents blood coagulation and improves circulation. Besides, it will help you eliminate all the toxins from your body. It also helps in breaking down the excess fat in the body helping your liver to function at its bests.
2. Cleanse Your Face Daily
Actress Jun Ji-Hyun who plays a mermaid in The Legend Of The Blue Sea is meticulous with facial cleansing. She makes sure to wash her face meticulously. Jun Ji-Hyun begins with lukewarm water and finishes with a splash of cold water.
Follow these simple steps to wash your face:
- Wet your face with warm water.
- Apply a cleanser such as Pyunkang Yul Cleansing Foam. Apply it to your face in a circular motion, keep doing this for at least 30 seconds.
- Gently exfoliate your skin every few days. You can use a liquid exfoliator such as COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Doing this will keep your pores from getting clogged and will give your skin a fresh and bright look.
- Rinse with cold water and pat it dry. Use cold water to rinse your face. Make sure to wash thoroughly to remove all the cleanser and scrub from your skin. Then use a clean towel to pat your face dry.
- Apply a toner such as Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner for a smooth appearance. Using a toner will reduce the appearance of pores. Make sure to apply the tone in those areas where pores seem bigger.
3. Moisturise Your Face
For actress Hwang Jung-Eum from K-drama Lucky Romance, her secret weapon is clean and moisturize skin. To bring back the moisture levels of her skin she makes sure to finish her skincare routine with a facial oil such as Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum to achieve a healthy skin glow.
For additional hydration, it is a good idea to include in your diet lots of fruits and vegetables. Also, you can use a facial mask, like COSRX Full Fit Propolis Honey Overnight Mask once a week to restore your skin moisture levels.
4. Use Sunscreen
Moon Chae-Won from the K-drama Innocent Man has 5 beauty secrets which are:
- Do not touch the face with your fingers
- If you want to soothe your skin grab a towel with ice cubes and rub it in your face.
- Apply a sunscreen such as Etude House Sunprise Must Daily Lotion to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Finally, Moon Chae-Won always uses a Moisturizing Mist to maintain her skin moisture levels.
She also explains that she uses green tea products such as Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream in her face to reduce puffiness. Besides she drinks a homemade ginger citrus latte to improve the overall health of her skin.
5. Balance pH Levels
For Choi Ji-Woo from melodrama Woman with a Suitcase, balancing her pH levels by rinsing her face with water mixed with three to five drops of vinegar is important.
Vinegar is mild acid, so it helps restore the natural pH balance of your skin. This helps your skin keep moisture in and irritants out.
If you don’t want to walk around smelling like ammonia you can use this revolutionary product called Rohto Mentholatum Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Lotion. The amount of moisture received by your skin with the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Lotion is exceptional, creating a balanced skin pH level and softer, smoother skin.