“Makeup can’t solve all of my problems, but it is a beautiful start.”
Summer is the best time of the year to keep your face fresh and natural, but now that fall is arriving there is a good chance you want to start applying a more sophisticated makeup. It is time to say goodbye to sun-kissed skin, and welcome these makeup looks. Here, the latest K-Pop inspiration with new beauty trends to try on your eyes, lips, and cheeks this fall!
These K-beauty makeup trends have been spotted on K-Pop stars including BLACKPINK’s Lisa, HyunA and Suzy, along with influencers like PONY and Dasha Kim.
1. Pink Glow
During this year the trend has been subtle blush, but this season your cheeks should be flush just like when there is a chill in the air. Just like Han Seungyeon, make your cheeks glow by adding a touch of extra blush along cheekbones, blending out toward your temples.
Our favourite product is Aritaum Sugar Ball Cushion Blush Posy Pink to add a beautiful definition to your cheeks. Your cheeks will be beautiful and radiant.
2. Semi-Matte Lips
When it comes to the windy and cooler season, the K-beauty stars gears towards matte finishes for lip products in warm, neutral tones. For fall 2020, you need to emphasize on moisturisation and glowy looks, so you need to use more semi-matte lipsticks that give off a matte finish but with a balm-like, creamy texture.
A great choice is Etude House Matte Chic Lip Lacquer that is a long-lasting and smudge-proof liquid lipstick. The texture of this lipstick is thin, with oil that locks it in while moisturizing.
3. Glitter Eyeshadow
It is time to transform your tired-looking eyes into ones that are sparkling and bright just like K-Pop sensation Kim Chungha. Her eye makeup is natural looking but with a few details such as glitter and long lashes.
To get her to look make sure to use an eyeshadow such as Peripera Sugar Twinkle Liquid Shadow and mainly concentrated on the lids and not the crease. Go for the pinky and warm tone shadows.
For eyeliner, she has thin winged eyeliners that tend to be dark brown and sometimes brown. A good option is Macqueen Waterproof Pen Eyeliner that comes in deep black and deep brown and it is perfect for those who have limited experience with eyeliners.
Finally, for your eyelashes, the trick is to have them with a little bit of volume. To get this effect you can use Etude House Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara to add a natural curl and that false eyelash effect. It is also waterproof, so it lasts all day long.
4. Natural Looking Brows
The best way to make your brows appear natural is by filling in your eyebrows using specific techniques, tools, and colours.
To do it follow these steps:
- Brush your eyebrows before filling in, to do it use an angled brow brush to brush your brows upwards.
- Choose a colour. If you have dark hair, pick a colour that is a shade or two lighter than the natural colour of your brows. If you have light hair you can opt for a tone that is half to one shade darker.
- Select the right tools. Consider whether an eyebrow powder, pencil or mousse would best define your eyebrows. You can try Etude House Drawing Eyebrow that will ensure that your brows remain thick, defined, and natural
- Apply products carefully. Always apply the products in front of a mirror and use a light hand and stray away from using too much product.
- Shape your eyebrows. You want to make sure you get a style that doesn’t look too fake or dramatic. Remember, the fall trend is natural eyebrows.
This fall the K-beauty makeup industry is focusing on keeping a natural look and paying more attention to the base instead of adding more products and colour to the face.
You can see K-pop stars like HyunA and Suzy have been showing clean looks with simple lip colour to match their skin tone. And don’t forget during the fall and winter, to protect your skin with moisturizing products like creams, serums, and face oils.