Korean beauty superstars apply blush perfectly, every single time. And we guess you are wondering how they do it? K-pop idols such as IU, Suzy, and Taeyeon are famous for their pretty, long-lasting glow.
The good news is that you too can have a long-lasting glowy look, regardless if your skin is oily, dry, or sweaty. The following K-beauty secrets will work for you no matter your face shape, skin tone, and lifestyle.
1. Prepare Your Skin
The first step of most K-pop idols is to prepare the skin. We recommend always to wash and moisturise your face before making your blush blend into your skin. Great options include:
DEAR KLAIRS Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser, a natural cleanser with amino acids. This foaming cleanser gives your skin the cleanse and nutrients it needs to stay optimal.
COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap, a lightweight, hydrating, and moisturising solution. It absorbs quickly into the skin, and it is suitable for all skin types.
Besides cleaning and moisturizing your skin, you will also need a makeup primer to help your makeup last all day. You can also use a tinted moisturiser such as MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42 to even out your skin tone and help give the blush something to stick to.
A fantastic makeup primer is HEIMISH Artless Glow Base. The HEIMISH Artless Glow Base is a lightweight makeup primer with luminous glowing effects that give your skin a natural radiance. This glow base is ideal for summer to provide you with that sun-kiss glow.
2. Pick The Right Tone
It is essential to keep in mind that blush is not a one-size-fits-all kind of beauty product. The key to the perfect K-pop look is to choose the right shade to complement your complexion.
Keep in mind that something too dark or too bright can make you look older instead of giving you that warm, youthful glow. Your best option is to use something similar to your natural flush.
Follow these tips to find your best tone:
- Pale, fair skin- Opt for colours that won't prevail over your tone. Your best options are light pinks and lilac formulas. Try PK3 Guava from A'PIEU Juicy-Pang Water Blusher.
- Light-medium skin - Terrific options include peachy pink shades to give your skin a pretty shine. Usually, this tone is universally flattering, so you can't go wrong—our choice: Nude Peach from 3CE Mood Recipe Face Blush.
- Golden or olive skin tones- These skin tones can use brighter pinks to enhance the warm undertones—our pick: Red Grapefruit Pudding from ETUDE HOUSE Lovely Cookie Blusher.
- Darker skin tones- For these skin tones, your best option is brighter colours with warm undertones, like #ORO1 Apricot from A'Pieu Juicy-Pang Water Blusher. Even though the shade seems bright, it blends into the skin, giving you a natural look.
3. Select The Right Blush Formula
K-beauty stars always make sure to find the right blush formula for their skin types. You have to keep in mind that picking the right blush is more than just the shade. The three types of blushes are:
- Powder - is perfect for those with dry skin. Powder blushes, such as 3CE Mood Recipe Face Blush, glide smoothly over pores giving you a blurring effect.
- Creams - are perfect for those with normal or combination skin. Creamy blushes have a high staying power. Besides, this type of blushes is suitable for most skin types. They come in many colors and give the skin a fresh and youthful look. You can try A'Pieu Juicy-Pang Water Blusher.
- Stains - are used by people with oily skin. This type of blushes looks dewy and lasts for a long time, even if you sweat or have oil-prone skin. Just keep in mind that it is hard to blend once it sets into your skin.
4. Apply Blush As A K-Pop Idol Beauty Expert
Korean beauty trends are not going anywhere, so you must learn how to apply blush. The good news is that it is easy to do it as it only involves two steps.
- Step 1: With a brush, apply your favorite blush next to the tops of your cheekbone and around your eyes. You can even go higher than the ends of your eyebrows.
- Step 2: Add a little bit of highlighter on the backbones of your cheeks. It is an excellent idea to avoid going as high as your blush, or you will end up looking too shiny.
As you can see, becoming a K-pop beauty star is easy; just follow the above tips!