A phased approach to lifting lockdown restrictions has already begun in Australia and around the globe, but that does not mean that life will return to normal right away. The truth is that life will look different when cities reopen as local businesses attempt to restart the economy.
As we countdown the days until we can hug our friends, throw a party and go to a bar, it is time to take a look at the latest K-Beauty trends you need to try after lockdown and quarantine ended.
At the beginning of 2020, we could see some of our favourite K-Actresses, such as Han Ye Seul and Ha Ji Won, showing off the Korean beauty trends for 2020, from bright coloured blush to glitter eye makeup.
1. Korean Makeup Trend Colour - Brown
Korean makeup trend colour for 2020 is brown. The light shade of brown is perfect for showing natural sophistication and versatility.
Even though brown is not an exciting colour, it is flattering and wearable. Plus, it can be applied to the rest of the face.
A great option is All About Chocolate from MEMEBOX I’m Meme Multi-Cube. It offers four complementary shades of eye shadow. A great feature about this fantastic Multi-Cube is that you can apply these shades as simple as “1, 2, 3, and 4” with the allocated numbers that help you accomplish a blended, matte finish with a long-lasting payoff.
2. Glitter Eyes and Mascara
Adding glitter to your eyelids is the perfect way to instantly enhance any eye shape or colour by bringing the light and boosting your eye’s natural colour. While you might think it is messy and challenging to do, using PERIPERA Sugar Twinkle Liquid Shadow will easily add the gleam and twinkle to your eyes.
This Sugar Twinkle Liquid Shadow will add some fun, sparkle, and glam to your eyes. They glide over your eyelids smoothly and have zero falls out. They come in six colours, including Kitten Beige and Beige Harmony, to continue with the K-Beauty trend colour-brown.
During this 2020, K-Pop Idols, such as Lisa from BlackPink, use less eyeliner, or even none of it, and instead invest in good mascaras or eyelash extensions. Applying a mascara such as TONY MOLY Delight Circle Lens Mascara will help your eyes to pop.
3. Glass Skin and Glossy Lips
If you are still using a matte lipstick, it is time to move on to a glossy finish. K-Beauty trends are taking the glossy lips to new heights.
The best way to get that glossy effect is to apply a thick layer of clear lip gloss on top of your shiny lip colour.
One of my favourites is ETUDE HOUSE Dear Darling Water Gel Tint. It offers a stained, natural look that is glossy with a hint of lip colour. For more pigmented look, choose a bold colour, or use the lighter colours for a natural makeup look.
If you want to achieve clear, glowing, glass-like skin follow these steps:
- Double Cleanse with a gentle foam wash such as ROHTO MENTHOLATUM Hada Labo Gokujyun Oil Cleansing
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells. Try COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Tone to restore the skin’s pH levels. A good option is ETUDE HOUSE Soon Jung PH 5.5 Relief Toner
- Add an essence such as COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence, to deliver moisture and hydration
- Treat an ampoule to nourish the skin and promote collagen. Your best option is THE PLANT BASE Time Stop Collagen Ampoule
- Moisturise. Choose one that is lightweight such as HOLIKA HOLIKA Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
- Apply an eye cream such as HEIMISH Bulgarian Rose Water Hydrogel Eye Patch to slow down the aging process
- Finish with a mask-like BENTON Snail Bee High Content Mask Pack to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, whiten your complexion, and soothe your skin.
4. Blushers Above Your Cheekbone
If you have your favourite blusher, do not worry as the K-beauty trends will change in technique, not the colour. You will need to apply the blusher above your cheekbones to give a flawless look.
A great option is ETUDE HOUSE Lovely Cookie Blusher that comes in a wide variety of colours and provides a high-quality finish. The packaging also includes an applicator puff so you can apply anywhere.