Everyone wants whiter teeth and when you see Korean pop idols showing their perfect smile you might be wondering how they do it.
First, it is important to understand that in Korea appearance is very important. So, from a very young age, they have been encouraged to have oral hygiene. This means they simply brush their teeth at least 3 times a day and floss and they visit the dentist twice a year for professional cleaning. K-pop idols such as Taeyeon from Girl’s Generation and Onew have had braces to straighten their teeth, as well.
Teeth whitening is widely used in Korea from whitening toothpastes to treatments at home or the dentist’s office. But K-pop idols also have some makeup tricks to make their teeth look whiter. Keep reading if you want to learn all about them.
3 Makeup Tricks To Instantly Brighten Your Smile
It is important to understand that even though everyone wants a bright white smile, most whitening solutions need time to work. The use of whitening toothpaste can remove the teeth stains with time but if you want an instant whitening solution all you must do is look at your makeup bag.
You need to know the right lipstick colour for whiter teeth and some other makeup tricks that can help you have a brighter smile but don’t forget that your oral hygiene is key to keep your mouth healthy and for slowly work its magic.
1. Natural Blush
To make your teeth look whiter it is important to create colour balance. Every skin tone can be categorized as warm, cool, or neutral.
If your skin has warm undertones, your best option for blush is orange or peach. For a cool undertone, your best blush shades are soft pink, for a natural look and the peach and coral shades for pop colour. If your skin undertone is neutral use a peach or pink blush.
To make your smile like Crayon Pop’s Way, it is key to learn the ways you can use lipstick to help your teeth appear whiter.
The first thing you need is a good lipstick such as Etude House Matte Chic Lip Lacquer. This lipstick suits all skin tones as it comes in a wide variety of colours and shades and is high-quality and affordable.
Then consider the following before if you want a brighter smile.
- Wear red lipstick that has blue undertones. For an instantly brighter smile choose a red lipstick that has a blue base instead of an orange.
- If you don’t like red you can choose any colour you want, just make sure it has a blue base.
- Avoid wearing lipstick colours that are very light because they won’t contrast against the colour of your teeth enough to make them stand out.
- Add some gloss. Gloss will make your lips look younger and it adds more moisture, giving the illusion of whiter teeth.
- If you have a dark skin tone a great option is Merlot Burgundy from Labiotte Chateau Labiotte Wine Lip Tint. The blue undertones found in purple-coloured lipsticks could help your teeth to appear whiter.
- Keep your lips moisturizer because dry lips can accentuate any plaque build-up on your teeth. A great option to keep your lips moisturize is using Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.
- Try to avoid using matte lip colour if you want to make your teeth look whiter.
- Don’t add too much shine to your lips because if your lipstick is too icy or too frosty makes your lips look to light giving the illusion that your teeth are dirty.
- Be careful if you want to wear brown coloured lipstick as some shades can make your teeth look more yellow.
3. Make Your Eyes Look Brighter
It is important to draw attention to your eyes making sure to use the right eye shadow shade so you can take attention away from your teeth.
Look for darker blue-toned colours from Etude House Look At My Eyes that offer a contrast between your eyes and your teeth. You can also use navy, gray or brown shadows. Don’t forget to use MacQueen Waterproof Eyeliner to bring out the white in your teeth and the sparkle in your eyes.
Do not use orange toned eyeshadows and finish your look with black or navy mascara from Etude House Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara.