Around the world, the K-beauty skincare routine has become the most outstanding representation of beauty. All of us are obsessed with K-pop idols' flawless skin. Luckily everyone can achieve radiant and healthier skin by learning proper skin care techniques.
K-pop stars are concerned about premature ageing. That's why they start nourishing the skin around their eyes at a young age. The skin around the eyes is soft and tender, and it's usually where the first signs of ageing appear.
Wrinkles, sagging, and dark circles are some of the problems we all experience as we grow older. That's why Nayeon of TWICE has claimed that she uses an eye cream such as COSRX Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream daily to moisturise the area and treat prevalent skin issues.
Here are some of the best tips on how your favorite K-pop idols take care of the skin around the eyes.
1. Apply Eye Cream Correctly
It's vital to apply eye cream correctly if you want to get the most out of it. Follow this guideline for proper application:
- Start by using your ring finger to apply the cream gently.
- Use only a tiny amount of product.
- Softly tap tiny marks under the eyes. Start in the inner corner and move outward. Do not apply eye cream close to your bottom eyelashes.
- Never drag or rub the cream. It's best always to pat the skin care product into the area.
- Allow the product to be absorbed entirely. This could take approximately two minutes.
- Continue with your K-beauty skincare routine and makeup.
Dermatologists agree that you should never use a lot of eye cream to prevent it from entering your eyes. Only apply eye cream on your eyelids if the product says it's safe to do so.
Please note that you should apply eye cream before moisturiser and sunscreen.
2. Don't Forget Your Eyelids
As mentioned, most eye creams are not recommended to use on your eyelids. But this doesn't mean you have to forget about them.
An excellent option is using an eye concealer such as THE SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer SPF28 PA++.
THE SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer SPF28 PA++ is a K-Beauty miracle product that offers full coverage and works as the perfect eyeshadow primer as well. It evens out any discoloration on eyelids allowing eyeshadows to highlight.
Plus, this concealer offers sun protection and a creamy consistency providing your eyelids with hydration throughout the day.
This holy grail K-Beauty concealer is formulated with anti-ageing ingredients, such as antioxidants, peptides, and vitamins that truly nourish your delicate eyelids and eye area.
3. Choose The Right Eye Cream
It's vital to choose a suitable eye cream for your skin issues. For instance, if you want to:
- Prevent and diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Look for an eye cream that has anti-ageing ingredients like retinol, peptides, and vitamin A. An excellent option is INNISFREE Jeju Orchid Eye Cream which contains powerful antioxidants to assist with skin-ageing prevention.
- Disappear dark circles using an eye cream that contains vitamin C, retinol, or niacinamide. One of our favorite ones is the MIZON Snail Repair Eye Cream formulated with 80% snail mucin. This eye cream strengthens, nourishes, and moisturises the skin around the eye.
- Reduce puffiness and eye bags. Choose an eye product that contains caffeine and other ingredients that target skin elasticity and water retention. You can try PETITFEE Black Pearl and Gold Eye Patch, which increases blood circulation for a brighter and more lively appearance.
Other Beauty Tips From Your Favorite K-Pop Idols
Besides the above tips, K-Pop idols such as Eric Nam recommend continuously massaging the eye area to improve circulation and reduce puffiness. He constantly uses a face roller such as THE HISTORY OF WHOO Bichup Gold Anti-Ageing Massage Roller to do the job.
Another critical element to nourish the skin under the eyes is to remove makeup before going to bed. For TWICE's Nayeon and Chaeyong, it's imperative to use a gentle makeup remover that's safe to use around the eyes. An excellent option is BEAUTY OF JOSEON Radiance Cleansing Balm.
The BEAUTY OF JOSEON Radiance Cleansing Balm is formulated with rice water, fermented grain, and rich minerals to remove makeup, excess oil, and other impurities. It prevents your skin from drying out.
Nourishing the skin around the eyes is vital if you want to look younger and radiant. Make sure to do it correctly to see the best results.