K-Pop actresses are experts on matching their hairstyles with their makeup look. Finding what looks good on you is vital for standing out your features. Here are some of our favourite K-Pop tips to match your makeup to your hairstyle.
Having bangs will draw attention to your eyes because your hair is usually right at or below the brow. It is essential to make your eyes stand out just like Kpop idol Hyuna, which generally use metallic shades, to look sexy, without being too dramatic.
- Apply a foundation such as MEMEBOX Pony Effect Everlasting Cushion Foundation to even your skin tone
- Use ETUDE HOUSE Bling Bling Eye Stick across your lids, then apply it into the folding.
- Apply an eyeliner such as MACQUEEN Waterproof Pen Eyeliner on your top and bottom lashes. Then add two coats of black thickening mascara to your top lashes. Try ETUDE HOUSE Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara.
- Keep your lips smooth by using a nude lip balm such as Melting from ROMAND Zero Velvet Tint. Avoid using blush as it will distract from your amazing eyes.
The pixie is a classic cut that emphasizes the top zone of the face. If you have a pixie cut, you need to have your brows looking flawless, as they will be the focal point of your face.
- Begin by giving shape to your brows with tweezers. Make sure to tweeze hairs in the direction of hair growth, use natural daylight, and never use a magnifying mirror. Shape your eyebrows every six weeks. For more convenience in your eyebrow grove, don’t forget to use ETUDE HOUSE My Beauty Tool Lovely Etti Hair Band, which you can use when you wash your face, apply a mask, do your makeup, apply creams, and more.
- Use ETUDE HOUSE Drawing Eye Brow to fill in sparse spots. The brow pencils from Etude will help your brows remain thick and defined.
- Use a light eyeshadow, such as Love Is Sand Castle from ETUDE HOUSE Look At My Eyes, over your lids, apply black mascara, and don’t forget lip gloss.
Long hair is every woman’s dream as it put all your features front and centre. K-Pop idol Kim Ji Won, usually opt for a monochromatic makeup palette to enhance her skin.
- Apply a lightweight foundation - try MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream if you want to create a flawless complexion. By using this BB cream, you have a perfect makeup base and sunblock in one application.
- Highlight your lids by applying a peach colour like All About Juicy Peach from MEMEBOX I’m Meme Multi Cube. Make sure to blend it well.
- Enhance your apple cheeks by using the same I’m Meme Multi Cube you use in your lids. Blend upward in circular motions
- Finish your look with a light coat of black mascara on your top lashes. Try Curling and Long Lash Circle from TONY MOLY Delight Circle Lens Mascara series.
A trendy haircut among K-actresses. The shortest layers usually hit your nose, creating a shadow effect. For this haircut, you need to enhance your cheekbones. The strategy here is to learn how to apply blush effectively.
- Apply foundation or concealer such as THE SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer. Then hit a pinky blush onto the apples of your cheeks. A great option is Posy Pink from ARITAUM Sugarball Cushion Blush.
- Blend a rosy liquid highlighter on your cheekbones. Apply it with a tapping motion with your middle finger.
- Apply eyeshadow and then coat your top lashes with black mascara.
- Finish your look with a rosy lipstick like Rosy from A’PIEU Water Light Tint.
This cut ends at the bottom of your face, so it is essential to defined bright lips.
- Apply foundation to cover over blemishes. An excellent option is COSRX Blemish Cover Cushion.
- Then choose a bold lip colour like red, wine, plum, or berry. One of K-Beauty favourite is ETUDE HOUSE Dear Darling Water Gel Tint. Don’t forget to moisturise your lips with LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask.
- For mid-length cuts, keep your eyes low-key. Apply light eyeshadows colours across your lids. Remember to focus on your inner corners. Add a brown eyeliner such as BEAUTY PEOPLE 10 Seconds Auto Pencil Eyeliner along your lower lash line.
- Finish your look by applying one coat of black mascara to the top lashes. Do not use blush or bold eyes.