Korean makeup primers are formulated with unique ingredients to help your makeup last longer while blurring skin issues. Even though some people think primers aren't necessary before applying your makeup, in reality, they're an essential step of your beauty routine.
What Is The Function Of Korean Primer?
The primary function of Korean primers is to make your skin and makeup look better. When you wear a primer over your skin, it's easier to apply your makeup as it creates a smooth surface. This means that your concealer and foundation will glide effortlessly and last longer. It prevents your face from looking cakey.
Korean face primers are terrific for smoothing out pores, managing oily skin, and preventing excessive shine. There is a Korean primer for your needs, no matter your skin type.
Please note that primers can also light up your skin, diminish wrinkles and fine lines, control acne, and hydrate the skin. Korean face primers can make you look younger without feeling heavy.
There are different types of primers, such as:
- Blurring primer: According to makeup artists, blurring premiers is ideal for mature skin types as they fade ageing signs like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mattifying primer:This is recommended for those people with oily skin as it will control oil while prolonging your foundation. Besides, mattifying primers can also diminish and smooth out pores.
- Hydrating primer:This is perfect for those with dry skin. Choose one formulated with antioxidants, vitamins, and hyaluronic acid.
How To Apply Korean Makeup Primers
Follow these steps before applying a makeup primer:
1. Clean your skin.
It's best to always apply a makeup primer on clean, moisturised skin. Wait approximately five minutes to allow your moisturiser to penetrate before applying a primer.
2. Apply primer.
Carefully grab a pea-size amount of primer for your entire face and apply it over the skin. Please note that if you use too much primer, it can make your makeup slide.
3. Allow primer to settle.
Finally, make sure to wait at least one minute to allow your primer to set before applying your concealer and foundation.
Korean makeup primers can also be used without makeup to moisturise your skin and blur your pores. That's why primers are miracle beauty products, as they provide your skin with many benefits.
Best Korean Makeup Primers
The ETUDE HOUSE Face Blur comes with three distinct types to choose from:
- Mattifying has a lightweight coverage to cover blemishes and dark spots. This liquid formula helps your skin become milky and bright.
- Moisturising uses five types of hyaluronic acid to leave the skin hydrated and radiant. This hydrating lotion adheres to the skin to prepare for makeup application.
- Smoothing is formulated with baby pixel powder, cover powder, and light skin powder to minimise the size of the pore while providing a bright finish.
This Korean primer is one of our best sellers as it's the perfect base for foundation or BB cream. No matter which one you use, you'll notice a pore blurring effect and a smooth finish.
Besides, the ETUDE HOUSE Face Blur protects skin from harmful UV rays as it comes with SPF.
The INNISFREE No Sebum Blur Primer is a classical Korean primer ideal for those people who want to cover dark spots, blur wrinkles and fine lines, and diminish enlarged pores.
It's formulated with Jeju natural mineral, naturally originated mint, and Innisfree's signature complex Green Complex to protect the skin and tighten the pores.
People who use the No Sebum Blur Primer achieve a smooth texture as it prepares the skin for the next base makeup step, making the skin refreshed all day long. It controls sebum and oil.
The HEIMISH Artless Glow Base is a Korean makeup primer and hydrating sunscreen in one. This formula comes with 50+ PA+++ and herb extracts to protect your skin.
It's a lightweight makeup primer perfect for summer. We recommend the HEIMISH Artless Glow Base for those people with dry skin as it provides a profound nourishing and hydrating effect.
When you use this primer, you'll feel your skin soft and glowing all day. You can use it alone or under makeup.
4. ETUDE HOUSE Proof 10 Eye Primer $8.95 (10ML)
The ETUDE HOUSE Proof 10 Eye Primer is perfect for preventing your eyeshadow from disappearing. This eye primer is a K-beauty product well-known for creating an ideal base for your eyeshadow and other eye makeup to adhere to.
It has a velvety soft texture, so it blends effortlessly. The Proof 10 Eye Primer is easy to apply, and it's a must-have for those who wear eye makeup daily.