We are all waiting for the moment of putting on lipstick and mascara before going out to a social gathering. If you have been taking a break during lock-down applying little to no makeup, we got some inspiration for the good things that are coming.
For something to look forward to, we are bringing the ultimate trends predictions of K-beauty. From glossy skin to powerful lip colours. Keep reading to learn how to achieve these looks to be ready when everything goes back to normal.
Nayeon from K-pop group Twice is known for her cute facial expressions and her red cheeks.
The ultimate trend in Korean beauty is red blush. Red blush is perfect if you want to look youthful and innocent but at the same time modern and sophisticated. K-pop idols love to use red blush because is such a vibrant colour.
To achieve this look you can choose Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher that comes in a wide variety of colours including beautiful Sweet Coral Candy Colour. To apply the blush, you have two options:
- The Igari Method: Popular in Japan where you apply the blush on the centre of the cheeks and applied with a heavier hand.
- The Winter Look: This look is usually worn by many K-pop idols. To achieve it you need to apply the blush naturally slightly below the cheekbones.
After quarantine, we can expect a trend for polished looks and groomed personality so the use of concealer will be a must. Using concealer will help give your skin an even tone. They are usually used to cover dark circles, age spots, and other blemishes.
You can use The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer which is considered a holy grail K-Beauty concealer. The coverage of this concealer is so good it can be worn instead of foundation.
Use a brush to apply the concealer where you want it, and blend with your finger or a sponge afterward. For a natural look only apply the concealer where needed and leave the rest of your skin alone.
BB creams are another example of a Korean beauty trend. The “BB” in BB cream stands for beauty balm or blemish balm. This type of cream is makeup that moisturizes and has skincare benefits. BB creams are different from tinted moisturizers as they offer more coverage and can provide skincare benefits besides moisture.
Our favourite pick is Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream that creates a flawless complexion. It is a 3-in-1 formula that is known to be a miracle skin cream. It can heal skin imperfections while also serving as a makeup base and sunblock with only one application. This amazing BB cream will also help slow down the aging process and it provides whitening effects.
K-Pop idols love to use eyeliner to get the most stunning eye makeup looks. Eyeliner is probably one of the first makeup products you ever purchased, but it is somehow one of the hardest to apply. To apply eyeliner like a pro follows these simple tips:
- Choose the right eyeliner. Your best option is Beauty People 10 Seconds Auto Pencil Eyeliner that will give you a professional finish. It is waterproof and is available in both matte and shimmer. It is perfect for lining your upper lids, water line, or adding inner corner highlight.
- Keep it simple. If you want to use colour eyeliner, make sure to accentuate your upper or lower lash line with a thin line of colour rather than intense.
- Apply a thin line. If you are a beginner apply your eyeliner as thin as possible. Avoid a thick line.
If you want to perk yourself up when you are feeling a little bit down the best way to do it is by applying lipstick. Winter season is time for blurred lips. Blurred lips are bold and colourful but a bit more wearable than a matte bold lip.
To achieve the look, apply the lipstick bullet directly onto the centre of your lips and slowly face the colour outward.
A great option is Etude House Dear Darling Water Tint that leaves your lips feeling kissable and soft. They come in a wide variety of vivid shades and are enriched with pomegranate and grapefruit extracts. If you suffer from chapped lips Etude House Dear Darling Tint is a great addition to your makeup collection.