Keeping your cosmetics collection organised can be challenging, but there are many options for storing makeup on your countertop or in a drawer.
Having your makeup in order is key to saving time and money and getting your day off to a terrific start.
It is vital to clean your brushes, especially those used around the eyes, at least twice a month to prevent breakouts.
Follow these four organising tips to store your cosmetics properly.
1. Go Through All Your Makeup
The first step is to go through all your makeup, lipsticks, and brushes. Pay attention to any broken or past cosmetic. Usually, makeup indicated the expiration date on the package. It says 3M, 6M, or 12M.
Please note that you must throw away all makeup after a year of being open, especially mascara and liquid eyeliner, as they are prone to grow bacteria.
Mascaras such as ETUDE HOUSE Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara or eyeliners like TONYMOLY Back Gel Eyeliner Long Brush are recommended to replace them every three months after being opened. This will prevent eye infections.
2. Make Categories
Next, separate your cosmetics by categories. It is a wise idea to separate everyday makeup from the one used for special occasions. You can place your everyday makeup in a bag and the rest in a drawer.
Your everyday makeup bag should include:
- A foundation like ETUDE HOUSE Double Lasting Foundation. Please note that this type of foundation can last longer if it is stored in the fridge.
- A concealer such as THE SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer SPF28
- A blush or bronzer. Try ETUDE HOUSE Lovely Cookie Blusher
- An eyeliner. Try ETUDE HOUSE Bling Bling Eye Stick
- A mascara such as INNISFREE Skinny Microcara Zero
- A neutral eyeshadow palette like All About Apple Red from MEMEBOX I'm Meme Multi Cube
- A nude lipstick such as Sauternes Coral from LABIOTTE Chateau Labiotte Wine Lip Tint
- A bold lip colour
- A lip balm for moisturising the lips with a hint of colour
- A brow pencil such as ETUDE HOUSE Drawing Eye Brow. It comes in seven colours and is fantastic to create well-defined brows that frame your face.
3. Select An Organiser
If you are organising your cosmetics on the countertop, select a vertical organiser that stack. This is ideal for creating a custom solution. You can easily find many designs in various materials, including bamboo, plastic, and acrylic.
A great organiser should have drawers on the bottom and choose one with round corners for more effortless clean.
Utilise trays with compartments for smaller eyeshadow, powders like MISSHA Magic Cushion Cover Lasting, and blushes.
If you have several makeup brushes, it is best to store them in separate containers.
If you are going to store your makeup in drawers, it is an excellent idea to use modular makeup drawer organisers to maintain everything separated. A perfect option if your drawer is deep enough is using an organiser that stack and slide.
4. Add A Lighted Makeup Mirror
If you want to transform your beauty space into a makeup station, it is imperative to add a lighted makeup mirror. It is incredible the difference it makes to put on makeup under good lighting.
Besides, having a mirror that magnifies with good lighting and adjusted to the perfect angle is a must for your skincare routine.
Making your cosmetics collection last longer is possible if you store them properly.
It is best to avoid storing bronzers and matting powders in the bathroom. Don't keep your bronzer, eyeshadow, or powder in the bathroom because of the humidity. Usually, powder products can become cakey as they absorb humidity.
Finally, the fridge is also the ideal place to preserve your lipstick's colour and texture. Keep in mind that too much sun or heat exposure can decompose them over time.